In this episode, we are talking with Crispina ffrench, entrepreneur, online coaching pioneer, and book author who is turning recycled textile artists into successful entrepreneurs. She is sharing with us how to turn your passion into a successful business with minimal funds and resources.
In addition to being an environmental optimist, Crispina ffrench is an OG Used Clothing Recycler/Up-cycler who began using discarded clothing as raw materials for her collection of stuffed toys called Ragamuffins as a college student in 1987.
Two years after graduating from Mass College of Art and Design Crispina’s recycling company grew to manufacture clothing and home goods and employ 40, serving over 350 international retail outlets.
In 2009 ffrench’s teaching book The Sweater Chop Shop was published by Storey. Crispina began teaching her craft and sharing her knowledge about the importance of careful textile consumption.
She has been awarded the SBA’s National Young Entrepreneur of the Year award and has been a guest presenter at the Social Venture Network’s annual conference.
Crispina works with large volume textile waste generating companies turning their waste into a marketable product. Her best-known projects are with Patagonia and Eileen Fisher where she initiated the well documented ReWear and ReNew programs.
Today Crispina is focused on helping creative textile recycling and up-cycling entrepreneurs build businesses that support their ideal lifestyle while nurturing the planet and building awareness of our textile waste crisis and each individual’s ability to affect change.
Subscribe To The Show
3 Big Take Aways
- How to build a business with limited resources and funds
- How to get a better understanding of the needs of your clients
- How to create meaningful collaborations to upscale your business
- Crispina ffrench Website– UPCYCLE, grow impact, live your ideal Life – How to design a thriving upcycled textile business.
- Top Membership Niches Guide – Grab our Top Membership Niches Guide to learn more about the best and most lucrative types of memberships and get started with brainstorming how to create the right membership for your business!
- Online Marketing PodSquad: Our Exclusive Community where we talk all things about Online Marketing! From list building, building an online course, starting a membership, putting together a marketing campaign, paid traffic, creating an awesome online offer…we'll dive into all of it!
Each month we'll host a FREE live private training on Zoom, where we'll pull back the curtain on some of our best marketing and selling strategies, along with an opportunity for you to ask questions.
All you have to do is sign up & we'll give you a heads up on when our next call will be.
Sign up today at OnlineMarketingPodcast.com, it's free to join us on these live trainings & we can't wait for you to join us!
- Adaptive Inner Circle – The Inner Circle with Paul & Melissa Pruitt is an epic 12-month experience for online business owners, coaches, course creators, and membership site owners who aspire to create financial freedom and a lifestyle they want for themselves and their family and also create a positive impact in their community and the world.
- Adaptive Membership – Adaptive Membership is an exclusive opportunity for online business owners, coaches, course creators, and membership site owners to play bigger and bolder in their business and explode their bank account with more clients!
For a list of our resources & recommendations visit: https://onlinemarketingpodcast.com/learn-with-paul-melissa/
Connect with Crispina:
Connect with us on social!
Subscribe To The Podcast
And if you loved this episode, please share with a friend and leave us a